Band gig lighting

John_P

I have plenty of led par 64 cans and a dozen adj mega profile plus lights so on a truss and as uplighters I can do a reasonable show especially when I add in some movers - currently have 4 chauvet duo spots.

However some gigs can be in smallish rooms where I’d like more options for the front of bands and have limited space. I thought I might add a few more lights and would appreciate any thoughts.

Maybe a pair of led flood panels on the front corners - like the stairville led 9 or even 18 floods with barn doors might do the job but I’m open to suggestions.

have a look at colorband-pix-m-usb

https://www.bax-shop.co.uk/led-bar/chauvet-dj-colorband-pix-m-usb-wall-wash?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqsf77pe45gIVg7TtCh09rgLaEAYYAyABEgI9X_D_BwE

we use 8 of them in our concert hall, video of recent gig below

I have put 4 up at angles using drop bars at back of stage. They make loads of different looks and only cost from £260 each

Thanks. I have a couple of similar adj bars that are pretty good at the back of a stage. That looks great with a few of them for the effect.

I’m trying to light up the front of the band when I don’t have space for a truss in front but give a step up from putting some pars on a tripod in the front corners. I thought a flood with barn doors either on stands or mounted to speakers might work.

When rigging options are limited, I have found a couple of led pars at head height lighting straight across the stage works well. Try sticking a couple of your existing cans in that position.

Flood units might be too wide beam - lighting the edges but not the middle.

have a look at colorband-pix-m-usb

https://www.bax-shop.co.uk/led-bar/chauvet-dj-colorband-pix-m-usb-wall-wash?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqsf77pe45gIVg7TtCh09rgLaEAYYAyABEgI9X_D_BwE

we use 8 of them in our concert hall, video of recent gig below

I have put 4 up at angles using drop bars at back of stage. They make loads of different looks and only cost from £260 each

good lights :¬)