Unknown LED pars - how to set up with MagicQ?

mm01

We have been gifted 8 led par cans that have nothing on them, no names, serial numbers, nothing, so Im not sure how to set them up in MagicQ. They come from the estate of a sadly deceased gentleman who's wife has no further information on them so Im totally in the dark, no pun intended. They look quite well built compared to some I had previously purchased from China and decided not to use so it would be good if I can get them working. Can anyone suggest a starting point please? Is there a section in the instructions for creating your own fixture once the channels have been identified?

Many thanks for any assistance.

I would suggest starting by addressing one of the units to 001 and then patching 20 dimmer channels into magicQ, then bringing the level of each channel up one at a time (whilst making a note of what it does) once you've got a list of what each channel does, put it into something like https://onyxfixturefinder.com and it will give you a list of manufacturers and models that match that channel assignment (chances are there's something out there already built), then just patch one of the suggested models into magicQ and it should work.

The search function within the MagicQ patch is really useful for identifying fixture profiles from limited information. It saves the step of going out to Onyx or similar.

Having said that, if your fixtures have no markings, they're likely to be quite generic and so there's bound to be a suitable profile already available.

In addition to (I assume) power, DMX in and DMX out, are there any other connectors or controls such as dip switches, pushbuttons or led display on the back of them? Can you show a couple of photos? (You can't post photos here directly - you will need to post your photo on an image sharing website and link to it from here).

Just a quick follow up on this and further to the above advice I worked my way through the "Misc" folder in the heads section but sadly couldnt find a suitable fixture however I then found a "Chinese" folder and after an hour or so of trial and error found the correct profile.