Scene fading

RedDog

We run a small selection of LED pars in our hall.Our small controller (QTX DMX512) has no way of fading between scenes when selecting manually, only a hard jump.Could anyone recommend a not too expensive controller that has this function?

Or a way around this issue with the present controller.

Thanks.

The last time I used one of those very basic controllers, it did a hard jump between scenes when it was in programming mode but when it was not in programming mode it faded between scenes at a rate set by a slider - does yours not have such a facility?

Can you provide a link to the controller you have?

That's pretty much the same as the one I used (different badge) and the fade time slider had no effect in programming mode, but definitely had an effect in non programming mode. Is the green LED next to the program button lit? If so, I think you hold down program until it comes out of programming mode, then set the fade time to be non zero and try again.

Another thought - you're not going from step to step of a chase, are you?

Another thought - someone hasn't disabled fade time, have they? Section 3.1.7 ...

Edited by alistermorton

Fade time is assigned to all channels.Controler not in program mode.Fade only works in chase mode, as does speed control.

I don't think fading between scenes manully is possible with this controller.

I am looking for one with this ability, or at least A/b fading on presets.