GCSE help!

Legawien

Hi, I'm doing Costume Design for my Textiles GCSE and for my coursework I need to do a market survey. Would anyone be interested in helping me out? All you would have to do is answer this short questionnaire, Thanks in advanced!

What group of words would you use to describe Titania from Midsummer Night's Dream?

a) Feminine, delicate, fragile

b) Feisty, powerful, determined

c) Obnoxious, catty, petty

What style of outfit do you see her wearing?

a) Long dress

b) Short dress

c) Top and long skirt

d) Top and short skirt

e) Top and trousers

f) Top and 3/4 lengths

g) Top and shorts

h) All in one aka a 'Catsuit'

For Titania, pick one of these styles:

a) Tribal

b) Indian

c) Greek

d)'Tinkerbelle'

e) other_________

How much would you expect to spend on an individual costume?

£__________

For Titania, pick one of these colours:

a) Red

b) Orange

c) Yellow

d) Green

e) Blue

f) Indigo

g) Violet

h) Black

I) White

For Titania, which one of these decorative motifs would you use?

a) Flowers

b) Leaves

c) Butterflies

d) Greek

e) Abstract

Once again, Thanks!

You sure on the £250 up? is this going to be made up and shown? or just a theoretical. As it is GCSE level, I would say below £100... Be a bit frugal but still experiment. Also, raid the charity shops looking at the weird and often wonderful styles that end up in them.

Darkfold is right about how much you should spend on your project. I was saying how much I would expect to budget for the costume if I was wardrobe supervisor in an entirely theoretical production having not seen any designs.

Having said that the last time I worked on MSND Titania wore a bought Indian outfit approx. £150. The time before that she wore 2 small bits of fabric carefully tied and lots of body paint the 'costume' cost about £10 the make up, make up designer and team of make up artists to do the entire cast each night cost a fortune.

also, I've seen a fair few places that will 'donate' a few items for costumes in return for a mention/ad in the programme.

the amount of amazing costumes I have seen with a shop donated item and the rest of it being made for purpose and covering up the seams are unbelievable considering the budgets normally used.

anyhoos, b, c, c, 250--750 if custom/ 50--200 if adapted, c [ but a light shade], c/d - a moulding of the two.

Archived