Battery Powered Wireless DMX

wirralmatt

Cheap & Cheerful wise there's these: https://www.amazon.c...1?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've got a couple and they've been very reliable on the few gigs I've done with them.

Yes, those are the ones I have. I think they worked out at about £12 each if you bought a Tx & several Rxs. Rock-solid through several brick walls, but I'm not sure how they would get on in a venue full of 2.4GHz hotspots.

E2A: Hadn't noticed these ones now have a built-in battery - could be a game-changer (or possibly another thing to bite you :()

Edited by sandall

• 3 weeks later...
(Slightly OT) Apparently wearable (electric) lighting has been around since the first production of "Iolanthe" at the new Savoy Theatre in 1882, where the principal fairies (hence "Fairy lights") had small lamps sewn into their coronets & costumes. The dry cell had just been invented in Germany, but wasn't patented till several years later, so presumably they had to dance with jars of liquid acid buried in their costumes.No DMX to worry about though.

Afternoon everyone,

I've got half an idea about a creating some light up costumes which can be controlled through DMX. Obviously that means no cables.

I can't seem to find anything on the market that does wireless DMX that is battery powered. Everything seems to need a power cable.

Does anyone know of anything that I can use to transmit wireless DMX, with a battery powered receiver, that's not specific to a particular brand (like the ADJ WiFLY kit only controls ADJ products as far as I can see).

Thanks

Matt

Hi Matt,

Take a look into Lumen Radio's latest product, Moonlite

This is designed to do exactly this sort of thing, with all the robustness of Lumen's wireless communication.