Remove colour wheel - Mac 250 Entour

AJDJ

Update for everyone!

I eventually did manage to get that sucker off! took a while… colour wheel is now back in place and lined up pretty well (had to calibrate a little in the Entours menu but not by too much : )

My next issue is a want to replace or possibly just re-grease the main bearing.... it's a little noisy (crunchy sort of sound) when it Pans slowly. So I took off all the plastic panels and then the metal thingy to expose the top of the shaft and I can see the retainer ring that’s holding down the bearings…

So my super important question is: Can I remove that ring and get access to the bearings without removing the whole head of the unit? I’m hoping the answer is yes! because theres a bunch of Philips screws that I was trying to remove but unfortunately I stripped them pretty bad.... like as if the old metal of the screw is simply just to soft..... but I'm thinking I can disconnect the wiring from the side arms and be able to slip the bearing up and out at least enough for me to attempt at cleaning and greasing it...

let me know what you think please and thank you!!!!