LED control

simondeskuser

I did a post two years ago and was then taken of the lighting desk to go back on stage! Now I am back on lighting, I think more permanently, so hope I didn't upset anyone who tried to help me.

I have now been asked to use an LED lighting strip as an effect, but cannot get the Strand 200 to control it, or even recognise it.

If connected to the dimmer it switches on immediately and use of dimmer has no effect on it, even when dimmed off. What do I need to do (is there another piece of kit required) OR is there a particular LED specification I need to enable control?

Thanks for quick reply. I will not be plugging into dimmer again! Decided! My order details areEMMETT KIT SET IP65W/RGB 5M

I hope that's what you want to see. If something missing I'll need to get back to you as kit is in Hall store at the moment (My Strand 200 is the old/first version, not new).

It has a simple WiFi controller, but it didn't work over the distance of the lighting control area to the stage area, where it was further masked by scenery. I have so far plugged it into the mains with an extension back to me to make it work, but it has a mini delay turning on and off. Sounds like it's not going to be workable!

Is there any alternative arrangement / type of LED strip that I can use? Basic white would be quite adequate.

DMX LED Driver is the item you need, something like

https://www.amazon.c...V/dp/B07BDJF4HS

Goes in place of your WiFi controller cut the connectors off and put them on corresponding screw terminals, chop up an XLR lead to get the DMX in and out.

Thank you. I will need to take further advice on the connections you describe as I am new to this Lighting and not an expert.

Chances are the tape has a 4 way 0.1" pitch connector on it that goes into the IR controller. As musht said, it can go straight into a 3 channel DMX controller. It can then appear as a RGB 8b fixture or three dimmers for R,G,B.

You'll need to supply 12V to the controller - you can butcher on a connector to the supply that you got with the tape.

Edited by alistermorton

Chances are the tape has a 4 way 0.1" pitch connector on it that goes into the IR controller. As musht said, it can go straight into a 3 channel DMX controller. It can then appear as a RGB 8b fixture or three dimmers for R,G,B.

You'll need to supply 12V to the controller - you can butcher on a connector to the supply that you got with the tape.

Thank you for your help.