Yamaha LS9 program change using midi

oldguy

Hi, does anyone know how, when setting up scenes on a Yamaha LS9, you set the midi channel it's associated with to something other than 1?

I've set up Basic Midi Setting to Rx channel 3 but I don't know how to apply this as it's not available when editing or inserting a scene. Channel 1 seems to be the default?

I'm using a mac with QLab3 to send out midi. Channel 1 is lighting desk, Channel 2 is a stage revolve controller and 3 is what I want to use on the LS9.

Any help greatly appreciated.

I'm not an expert on this but the default channels for scenes on an LS9 are channel 1 for scenes 1-128 Channel 2 for scenes 129 to 256 and channel 3 for scenes 257 to 300.There is an offset of 1 between midi and the LS 9 scenes

so LS9 scene 1 = Midi 1-00 scene 27 = 1-126 scene 155 = 2-26

It would probably me easier to move the other units than rewrite the LS 9 table.

Brian

Its a bit tedious but you can reprogram the channels on the LS9. Page 180 of the manual gives you the basics. You will need to define each scene manually and also clear the existing scenes, good luck. I tried a couple of random scenes into channel 5 and they worked.

Brian

I'm not an expert on this but the default channels for scenes on an LS9 are channel 1 for scenes 1-128 Channel 2 for scenes 129 to 256 and channel 3 for scenes 257 to 300.There is an offset of 1 between midi and the LS 9 scenes

so LS9 scene 1 = Midi 1-00 scene 27 = 1-126 scene 155 = 2-26

It would probably me easier to move the other units than rewrite the LS 9 table.

Brian

Its a bit tedious but you can reprogram the channels on the LS9. Page 180 of the manual gives you the basics. You will need to define each scene manually and also clear the existing scenes, good luck. I tried a couple of random scenes into channel 5 and they worked.

Brian

Yep! Thank you for this. I was considering moving the channels but as the revolve midi was difficult to set up I'm reluctant to change it. There aren't too many scenes and they need updating anyway so changing the ls9 table is the way I'm going to go.

You may not be an expert on this but you were correct in every detail. Thank you very much.

Archived