Help! Look Unique 2.1

sleah

Hi, I have just aquired a Look Unique 2.1 hazer and want to control it via DMX.

Address set correctly with correct profile on desk (Colorsource 20), machine acknowledges DMX signal, however it is just continuously outputting haze!

I'm just trying to get a show programmed and don't want a room full of haze while I setup the desk...

I've had to pull the tube from the fluid bottle to just go through the menu on the unit.

I can hear the machine responding to the desk. I just want it to NOT output haze until I ask for it!

Manual is utterly useless and Look don't have meaningful tech support.

?????

When controlling it via DMX, the ‘Active’ LED will light when the pump channel is above zero. If you are getting haze even when the pump channel is at zero then you may just have some fluid left in the pipes. There’s an air pump which pushes the fluid through the heater block which runs continuously. This will push any residual fluid through the heater to make haze, regardless of wether the fluid pump is running or not.

Thanks folks, sorted now.

I went through the menus, I think it may have stayed in timer mode at first - probably from when last used by the previous owner.

And also:

If you are getting haze even when the pump channel is at zero then you may just have some fluid left in the pipes. There’s an air pump which pushes the fluid through the heater block which runs continuously. This will push any residual fluid through the heater to make haze, regardless of wether the fluid pump is running or not.

It seems it is really really slow at clearing those pipes and also really slow at hazing again after.

I've only used conventional fog machines previously and cheap disco-type hazers-that-are-really-foggers-with-haze-fluid machines that are a lot more instant start-stop.

For what the Unique costs, it's surprisingly slow and 'clunky' when it comes to haze output. I have 20odd year old cheap Smoke Company hazer which although lacks a blower and any kind of remote system, is a lot more controllable in terms of haze on/off/flow!!

What type of air pump has your Unique got in it? If its the old blue plastic type, which is actually an aquarium air pump, then it might be worn out and not pushing enough air through the system. We replaced the pump in ours a few years ago and the type that Look provide now is a metal-bodied pump. There should also be one or two one-way valves on the fluid pipes. These might need cleaning/replacing as well.

Archived