HK Audio

strandgsx

Hey Peeps,

Iam just hoping for some advice, I currently use (for my main FOH system) 4 hk actor systems (very nice big sound).

Iam now wishing to re-new my monitors, I currently use soundtechs lm5 (15"x1" 450wrms) these run off soundtechs pl??? mono monitoring amps.

Ive been throwing a few ideas around in my head and ive found on thomann hk monitors pr112m, they are nicely priced at £178ish each.

Has anyone got any or used them before, it would be really nice to have all the same brand but I dont want to be more astheticly dicisive than quality.

I know the usuall probs with hk stuff, the cabs are mdf for a start (I spend many hours repairing them.

Anyway---ill probobly digress in a minute, so any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

Hi,

the cheaper HK stuff is good value, but you can't compare it with your Actor-System (there are HK Monitors for 1500 €, too :D ). So you get good monitors, but they won't fit better to your other stuff just because of their name ...

ciao

bemi

HK Audio D.A.R.Ts dunno how much they cost but they are brillient and really good sound. I use them a lot not just as monitors but we also use them as rehearsal PA when using a track. Check up with a HK Audio supplier.

Luke

Hi

I have 4 x PR112m’s and I really think they are great for small / medium gigs. I have had numerous comments from muso’s how great they think the monitors sound too – go for it I don’t think you will be disapointed

• 3 weeks later...
Hello

I'm looking to buy 12x HK PR112M. They sound like a bargin, has anyone used them and in what applications? Trying to hunt for photo's are they grey, blue or black?

Thanks

The ones I have are the same colour as my Actor rig - dark grey. I would invest in some purpose built flight cases to keep them in top condition, as with most mons they just never quite find a spot in the van thats easy to pack other things around - although I know HK do some padded bags (similar to the actor cases) if your on a budget.

Archived