DASLIGHT 4. Unstable software

Richard CSL

So for the last 3 weeks I have been programming Daslight for a show, on a daily basis the program freezes and crashes.

I wrongly assumed this was because of the size of my file , and only occured during edit / live switch over.

So on the night I ran 2 laptops , both with the same files.

Imagine my horror when show starts and for no apparent reason I am faced with the white top banner freeze, and the message Daslight 4 has stopped responding.!!!

No problemI thought , swop laptops, .....usb interface failure, I now had to reboot live the second laptop.

Finally after 10 mins I got the program to work OK. till the end of the night.

The show owner was very unhappy and has insisted reconnecting his old system.

I hoped after 10 years when DVC 2 used to do this , that DVC 4 would have solved these issues.

I realise there is now a crash folder in DVC which tells me I was wrong.

Please only use this software in non critical venues.

We have recently had a similar experience. Software side only. Programming and creating scenes is difficult and results in regular crashes. This is the same for all software in the Nicolaudie range: ESA, ESA2 etc. See here: https://www.nicolaudiegroup.com/. They all appear to use the same root code and different skins over them.

It's sad as the hardware is OK once programmed and appears fairly stable in a totally stand alone situation (which is where we have used it.

We probably wouldn't use this again either.

Archived