Lighting hire for two charities

howartp

Hi.

We hire around £700 of lights for our annual church pantomime every Feb Half Term, then the drama group who meets on our premises put on their show a fortnight after ours whilst the stage is still installed. (I help them with their sound, they help me with Panto lighst)

Usually the lad who does lights pulls a few heart strings with a weeping violin sound effect and gets some very useful unpublished discounts, meaning the £700 goes a lot further than it would for the big guys out there - but sadly the lights we want this year are already out.

Are there any lighting hire companies out there who are interested in helping us out?

Looking for LEDBeam 150's, Robe DLS4's and Chauvet MK2 Wash, or any similar fixtures if you have others you're happier to do deals on...

~Friday 8th Feb to ~Monday 11th March 2019.

Please get in touch either publically or PM.

Peter

Oakworth Methodist Church (www.oakworthmethodists.org)

and

KYDZ Youth Theatre (www.kydztheatre.co.uk)

Who have you tried? I would expect most local companies, rather than the big nationals, would help.

I used to live close to you but am over in East Yorks now so slightly out of touch, but I would try asking 3D Productions, Zig zag or Light The Way in Leeds.

Transport is expensive and a bit of a pain to organise so if you can manage to borrow a van and pick up the gear, that should help.

Tim’s got 2 of my suggestions in there already. Also maybe give Hudson Creative EP a shout. They’re in the middle of a big show this weekend but may have some kit available.

Don’t know how much kit they’ve got but Skylight Production Services are over your way.

Archived