Multi track mixing practice

mnk_193

Hi,

I have just been on a sound mixing course where we were able to practice mixing multi track recordings and would like to be able to do the same at work to keep up on practice. I am fairly new to sound so not sure how I would do this. I've found multi track files, we have Qlab and GarageBand, and a GLD 80 desk which is running on Dante

Many thanks

Do you have Dante Virtual Soundcard on you Mac? (or any other computer for that matter?) If not, you'll need to get it (or use a "real" Soundcard).

The good news is that this particular Dante product is really very cheap.

Do you have Dante Virtual Soundcard on you Mac? (or any other computer for that matter?) If not, you'll need to get it (or use a "real" Soundcard).

The good news is that this particular Dante product is really very cheap.

We do have a Dante Virtual Soundcard on the Mac.. Where do I go from there?

Well you need to setup your Dante network so that the GLD and Mac can "see" each other - info on this from Audinate's website if you need it.

Set GLD to use Dante from the Mac as it's inputs.

Set Mac to use Dante as it's outputs.

As I don't have exactly your equipment, I'd have to read up on each step of this, which you can do yourself :)

Archived