ETC Nomad & Capture

Roderick

Very new to Capture, I am trying to run both Capture and ETC Nomad on the same machine but Capture doesn't want to know about the ETC ArtNet output...

Running Windows 7/64bit I have installed a Loopback Adapter set to 10.1.1.10, the IP Address of the machine, and therefore ETC Nomad, is 10.1.1.6.

Neither shows up in Capture Universes. Also installed 'The ARtNetominator' on the same machine which picks up the IP addresses but no ArtNet activity.

Pretty sure that many people will run this combination, what am I missing?

What type of ethernet device is the 10.1.1.6 set on, is it a wifi adapter? I've had some weird artnet loopback stuff happen with Avo Titan when the computer is on wifi. If you set Nomad to use a wired ethernet adapter it might work.

What type of ethernet device is the 10.1.1.6 set on, is it a wifi adapter? I've had some weird artnet loopback stuff happen with Avo Titan when the computer is on wifi. If you set Nomad to use a wired ethernet adapter it might work.

The 10.1.1.** range is set by the router but is hardwired. 10.1.1.6 is the Intel Gigabit adapter, 10.1.1.10 is the Microsoft Loopback.

Ok probably not that then. Capture doesn't normally need the software loopback adapter anyway. I'm not familiar with nomad, is it set to broadcast artnet? Do you have another machine on the network so you could check if the artnet is seen there?

Hi

Have you got port forwarding set up on the router? Some devices block UDP port 6454 by default, which is the one Artnet uses.

Additionally, nomad might be set to unicast its packets; like Tim says if its not set to broadcast you won't see anything on the 10.1.x range of addresses. You still might not see anything at all anyway; depending on your network topology, multicast might not work at all.

As a general rule, I always set my lightning networks to be in the 10.0.0.x and 2.0.0.x ranges with subnet masks of 255.0.0.0.

All the best,

Timmeh.

Just for general knowledge, this is a reply on another forum and the solution to the problem:

Peter Rubie If Artnetominator is not picking it up sounds like you haven't set up the nomad side of things correctly. Make sure you enable Artnet on each channel in the patch (Interface setting) as well as enabling the protocol in the setup shell. If it were me I'd use sACN as it's a much less fussy protocol when it comes to network configuration.

I have now added Artnet to the channels in use and all works well!

Archived