Interlocked pendant lamp bases

Charlotte_R

Hi all,

I'm looking to build some pendant light drops but the venue that I'm putting them in is being a bit funny about them potentially being live if someone was to take the lamp out. I've seen some lamp bases that are interlocked so that the contacts are only live when there is a lamp inserted. My google-fu is currently letting me down, can anyone point me in the right direction to buy some?

Thanks,

Charlotte

Hi all,

I'm looking to build some pendant light drops but the venue that I'm putting them in is being a bit funny about them potentially being live if someone was to take the lamp out. I've seen some lamp bases that are interlocked so that the contacts are only live when there is a lamp inserted. My google-fu is currently letting me down, can anyone point me in the right direction to buy some?

Thanks,

Charlotte

Found this after a quick search on Amazon, seems to be what you want. There is a red safety button that cuts off the supply to the pins when the bulb is removed.

Or cheaper from LampSpares!

Crabtree 5850 is a safety lampholder. You'll have to paint it black :-)https://www.tradesparky.com/wiring-accessories/ceiling-accessories/lampholders/crab-5850-lampholder-bc-t2

You still have the problem that lampholders are exempt from the 'cannot open without use of a tool' requirements so the lampholder itself can still be unscrewed.

Use long life LED lamps and black heatshrink over the lamp base, lampholder and flex? Or SELV

Archived