BenQ Projectors

sigill

Looking to buy a projector for a small scale dance tour that I'm tech managing soon. There is not much of a budget and I need a fairly bright unit. I have come across the BenQ PB7230 delivered for £1200 incl Vat and think it would do the job. But not having done much projection before I am not sure if these cheaper makes are a waste of money. Have found a cheaper and brighter model by sanyo but again don't know how good these unit are.

If anyone one has used BenQ or Sanyo unit before I would love to hear you comments.

Thanks

Si

Also what is dlp? is it better/worse than lcd the dlp unit seem to have a much better contrast ratio but is this the only difference. Dlp units also seem to be cheaper than a lcd unit of similar spec

DLP is a technology that uses mirrors to turn on and off the light. In single chip systems there is a RGB segmented wheel that spins infront of the DLP panel. There are then a large quantity of mirriors- one per pixel that is then turned on or off giving the information. The wheel has then moved on a bit to Green, the mirrors change to give the green info etc.

With a three chip system there is a prism system that splits the light and sends each colour to it's own mirror chip, then the three images are recombined. DLP is supposedly better for video as it deals with the dynamic image better I've been led to believe.....

Archived