Job Advertising

Paul J Need

Hello all,

Been an age since I have been in here - apologies and hope to spend more time in the Blue Room again.

What is the best way to advertise for a job vacancy within the forum?

Thanks in advance.

Paul

Welcome back Paul!http://www.blue-room.org.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

Thanks Mark :o)

There are sub forums in the "Commercial" section of the main forum. Note the important information at the top!

Thanks Shez, I saw this but assumed this part of the forum was for selling stuff or press-release type posts promoting new services or kit?

Hi Paul - for a proper job, as in PAYE the important rule is the ad must include the salary on offer. This is the usual killer for the new members who sign up to put up the job ad - they put "commensurate with experience" or worse, "good Salary" or "Salary on application" - we've gone with the rule that no salary mention means the ads don't get made visible, and they all start invisible and one of the mods presses a button or two.

We do make exceptions to this when the job is clearly a freelance/self-employed type of job where the advertiser wants somebody who will invoice them at an agreed rate and usual terms - this doesn't include those clearly trying to do a dodgy deal and pay somebody peanuts with cash in hand. The actual rules are very vague on jobs that appear on the blue-room, and it gives us a little fudge room occasionally.

Post away, and I'm sure it'll be fine.

Paul

Archived