live streaming with video mixer

levanthai

as above really!

We are looking to livestream a weekly event which will feature both someone speaking, and footage from a DVD.

A typical, low cost solution like a streamed webcam won't work obviously, so what are our options? There is some budget, but we will likely have someone with little video mixing experiencing (although very competent IT professional) operating it on the night. If it wasn't for the DVD, I think the Livestream Mevo would work ...

We do have Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle if that helps to build in, but I quite like the look of Roland V-1HD, but it isn't clear what camera inputs it would support?

Any help greatly appreciated.

OBS is a great free piece of software for this. If you rip your dvd to hard disk then OBS can play it in for you, and if you install suitable capture cards it will switch your cameras too with a nice multiview screen just like a vision mixer. Your Shuttle unit would capture one camera - we have a decklink card for capture.

And it handles all the streaming for you, and local recording. You can also configure multiple outputs to drive local projectors etc so you could play the DVD video file to a projector as well as to the stream.

If you have a graphics card in the PC with a hardware H264 encoder then it doesn't even need a PC with all that much grunt.

vMix is the next step up from OBS. The free version might be too basic for you but the "Basic HD" version would I'm sure be fine and offer a lot more scope for future expansion. I've used it for a couple of events now - it's been great.

Archived