Directing light from floods

TomHoward

I bought new lamps for the 400W halides and got 4000K which was the warmest I could get (without going to the 'warmth' of sodium)

The speaker had a preliminary visit to check lighting levels and he's very happy but it just doesn't look very pokey to me.

Going back tomorrow armed with a van full of stands, barn doors, silver spray paint and the like.

In the end I bodged with some old 243 barn doors and sprayed the inside of the leaves silver. It actually didn't do a bad job, rather than using the barn doors to shutter the edge of the beam, when you moved the silver barn door you could see it was creating a reflection with a hard edge / bright spot. By focusing the leaves and lining up the barn doors so I had all 4 hotspots off each barn door in the centre I reckon I could lift the light by about 10-15% which was better than nothing, it was a visible difference

IMG_0040.jpg?o=AmPh27bf8CPkzKiNvd8NqyjY5IVwOkE2sPVQCilR2nMh&v=1&z=https%3A%2F%2Fp29-content.icloud.com%3A443&x=1&a=BqsWVhrBE8bruSlhvOSeIQJ67VP_AyEYRgEAAANtF0Y&e=1537925780&r=ae116540-ed02-48f3-a5ab-db9c36e6c7fd-10&s=y9VBvcnIjoRSr-wK1S5l6rYUlFo

As the weather forecast was good I took two followspots and hit the big end window with 2x spots, one each side of the car park

Archived