Yamaha RIO 1608 Issues

jbaileypro

Hi all,

Just wanted to see if anyone else has had issues with their RIOs and the brooklyn 2 cards popping out of their mounts. The mount and connector looks similar to laptop ram where you insert the pcb at a angle and then push down to be held by clips either side of the pcb (see image below).

It was first noticed when the RIO showed all input and output port lights flashing when powered up. Yamaha told us it was a hardware fault and needed to be returned. On return from Yamaha it was simply noted as something being loose inside.

This has happened another couple of times since it was reseated by Yamaha. The flight cases are quite small (6u with wheels on the bottom lid) but includes two cisco switches, patch panel, rack light, PDU etc. The RIOs are used 90% of the time in a corporate manner.

Annoyingly there are two screw holes on the brooklyn 2 card for better securing but Yamaha chose not use these. I am thinking of using PCB tape to helping keep it secure.

Just wanted to see if anyone else has had the same issues?

Thanks

Image:

https://www.dropbox.....43.28.jpg?dl=0

Haven't had this with any 3224s... but we mount any kit of this kind of quality in shock mounted racks, which are typically non tip due to size as well. Maybe it's worth re casing your units in something a bit more forgiving?

Also, I guess this kind of thing is nothing new... it reminds me of crossover cards etc 'back in the day'

Archived