IMG (Monaco?) L-RAY 1000 line array

paulears

I friend of mine has seen (not heard) information on the IMG L-Ray 1000 compact line array - a small sub with 4 md-HF sections.

manufacturer website

One of the Google results was the blue room back in 2008 - A topic I actually started and completely forgot about. I note very few people seem to sell it, over ten years it's not had reviews good or bad. I'm intrigued by what ever happened to it - and as the few folk who do have them have pretty keen prices, maybe something got lost?

Were they rubbish, as that old topic suggested blue room old topic or were they just ineffective. I note people like Studiospares sold them for a while - but few seemed to push them, and based on the very slim coverage - what happened to them?

OOh - the Blue room c moments on the old topic and the new one range from simply awful to really nice sounding. I'm at a loss to advise him now. Cheers Ben.

As with any speaker system I'd advise he hears it first!

I heard it on demo at a dealer that randomly had one. I would not buy it. Maybe you would... just check it out. It's not on any riders I've seen though ;)

Depends I guess on how important riders are for what you do, I guess. I've found acceptance proportional to how much work is involved in doing the job, but I take your point. My friend is a solo singer with a guitar and venue range from tiny to pretty big - and he fancied the format of the IMG product, ground stacked, not flown. I don't think he's even aware what a line array actually is? He just wants a scalable PA with reasonable quality. It seemed to fit the list, but as nobody has seen them for ages, looks like it probably died as a product.

Archived