Foldback Video monitors

richardash1981

• I'm seeing quite a few systems with a multi-way sender (VGA in, loop through and multiple CAT-5 out) and then receivers for each display.(CPC AV1998206 and CPC AV1998406)
  • I've also seen single-way systems which send power down the CAT-5 so that you don't need to plug both ends in to mains power, which makes the back of the screen a lot tider, no wall wart to find power for on stage (CPC AV21578). Now if I could find one that combined both...

OK, to answer my own question it seems most of the Kramer VGA-over-twisted-pair kit can do single end power if you have less than 50m of cable, and there are multi-way transmitters in the range. New Kramer is probably out of budget, but there seems to be loads of it very cheap second hand (presumably because people are switching to HDMI and replacing). Most doesn't have it's original PSUs, but in the circumstances that doesn't seem to be too big a problem, I should only need one PSU in total ...

Can someone confirm that I can mix the various different variants of Kramer kit and have them work? There seem to be versions with and without audio, with EDID storage and so on. Buying new you would obviously get a matching set, but could I use a non-audio receiver with an audio-capable transmitter if I don't need the audio to work?

• 10 months later...
Hi...run your stuff at the highest resolution you can afford - so HDMI 1080p if you can afford to and then have a scaler available if the onsite projector is not HDMI compatible. Downside is someone needs to know how to set it up

Hi...run your stuff at the highest resolution you can afford - so HDMI 1080p if you can afford to and then have a scaler available if the onsite projector is not HDMI compatible. Downside is someone needs to know how to set it up

Hi Jeff

Welcome to Blue Room. Just to note that this thread is around 10 months old so the OP may well have solved their issue by now.