Sennheiser Transmitters (G2)

hd.matt

Hi guys.

I’ve picked up some EW100 G2 receivers with some belt packs, but I’m wanting to buy some handheld transmitters.I’m under the impression that any of the range will work, but could some one tell me the differences between the G1 100 / G2 100 / G1 300 / G2 300 / G1 500 / G2 500 handheld transmitters? Many thanks.

G1 transmitters will work with G2 receivers, but the transmitters won't produce the Pilot Tone, so you have to turn this off on the G2 receivers. Other than that they're perfectly interoperable.

The 100/300/500 range just has more features the higher you go, the RF performance is identical. 300 series have better battery indication than 100 series for instance. (That's the only standout feature I can remember from ours)

The other big factor is what mic capsule is in the handheld transmitter. Many 100-series come with the 835 capsule, but 845 and 865 are also available. That'll make a big difference to the sound.

Also G2 take AA batteries, whereas G1 are on 9v.

Certainly on the G2's, the number of presets available on each series is different.

100 series have 4 frequencies available in each preset, 8 for the 300 series and (I think) 20 for the 500 series.

Great, thanks for your replies!Sound quality was the main thing I was wondering about. Are the capsules interchangeable on the G2s or are they a fixed unit? The newer Sennheiser HH have the capsules which just screw on, are these the same?

Great, thanks for your replies!Sound quality was the main thing I was wondering about. Are the capsules interchangeable on the G2s or are they a fixed unit? The newer Sennheiser HH have the capsules which just screw on, are these the same?

Capsules are all interchangeable. The coloured rings are a separate item, not permanently attached to the transmitter, so don't take them as a foolproof indicator.

It's a relatively simple job to change capsules over but not as easy as simply unscrewing. Needs tools but only takes a few mins once you have the hang of the process.

Archived