Element 2 [Release] button

BobJ

We're used to the [Release] button on the ETC Expression III console. We are getting a new ETC Element 2 but can't see a [Release] key on the pictures we've looked at. Anyone familiar with this console know how we will [Release]?

There isn't a [Release] key on Eos series consoles - I'm not an expert so I'm happy to be corrected, but from what I recall of Expression the Eos equivalent is the [sneak] key. The sneak key returns the channels selected (or all channels with nothing selected) to their state in the current cue, I think the main difference is that by default sneak has a fade time of 5 associated with it, whereas I think Release was instant?

There isn't a [Release] key on Eos series consoles - I'm not an expert so I'm happy to be corrected, but from what I recall of Expression the Eos equivalent is the [sneak] key. The sneak key returns the channels selected (or all channels with nothing selected) to their state in the current cue, I think the main difference is that by default sneak has a fade time of 5 associated with it, whereas I think Release was instant?

Excellent. Thank you. Yep their is a [sneak] key on the ExpIII. And your suggestion to bring the 5 seconds down to - say 1 - is a good one.

Archived