Flexible cat5/6 cables for Behringer P16

paulears

just seeing this post now - random thoughts:

1. it may not make any difference but the p16 spec is actually cat5e shielded. I remember seeing it in the manuals. (not related to the aes50 spec)

2. I haven't seen anyone ever post a problem using standard cat5 - but I gess the spec is there for a reason

3. vdc - van damme cables come in a little over your budget but not by much. cpc's web site isn't great for finding stuff but this is the 10m version:

http://cpc.farnell.com/vdc/104-212-010/rj45-stage-studio-lead-10m/dp/AV21633

4. ebay - designacable and vdc direct have them listed at £25 for 10m

5. I haven't bought this precise cable but it's pretty similar to the patch cables I use for aes50 on the x32 - it feels similar to a mic cable, pliable but not quite as soft.

6. I like van damme cable BUT I know a few that have bought vdc patch cables and the ends have been mis-connected, on these cables it would make them useless - it's just a case of swapping them with the seller if you get a duff one, they are good if wired correctly - cpc is down the road from me so not a big issue.

Archived