QTZ HZ-3 Anyone use one?

BigYinUK

Hi. Just looking for opinions on this hazer as its being recommended to me as a reasonable "budget solution"

Also, fluid wise, specs say that the fluid is Glycerol and osmozed water, so I'm going to make my own as I've had good success with this in the past with hazers. Much cheaper than buying ready made fluid.

Opinions?

They're good units however we've seen more hazers cooked by home made fluid than anything else. We hired one out once to a venue who used home made fluid and it failed after 5 hours of use with that fluid. We use the standard fluid which isn't mega expensive at all and have had units in hire stock for over 2 years with no issue.

Josh

We've got its predecessor, the HZ-2, they look functionally similar based on the picture, basically a fog machine with a dispersal fan, and the fan is a tad noisy when on full. DMX control, 2 channels, fog volume and fan speed. Also has a non-DMX remote, as shown in the pictures. Works well enough, no regrets.

We've got its predecessor, the HZ-2, they look functionally similar based on the picture, basically a fog machine with a dispersal fan, and the fan is a tad noisy when on full. DMX control, 2 channels, fog volume and fan speed. Also has a non-DMX remote, as shown in the pictures. Works well enough, no regrets.

We've been borrowing a HZ-2. It works great haze wise, but the remote control is faulty and it won't completely stop hazing. I believe the HZ-3 has a quieter fan IIRC. Probably buy one from @Smalljoshua above.

Archived