Behringer EPQ2000

BigYinUK

Just in case anyone is interested, there are 5 EPQ2000s factory refurbished with 3 years warranty for sale on Ebay (musicgroupeurope). Listed price is £139 but they accepted my offer of £120.

Probably a bargain for a semi-pro 2kW (ish) amp.

funnily enough I ordered earlier in the week, didn't bother haggling and it arrived with a 11/15 date code looking immaculate. arrive yesterday and ran it on test, even though I knew it would be fine. if I had the money I would take a couple more. great little work horses. I think they are discontinuing - two new amp ranges coming along - I don't think mine has ever been used looks like the day it came off the factory floor.

Mine will be replacing a EV Q1212 in my "pub band" rack. I was looking for 600-800W into 8ohm but lightweight so the EPQ2000 will just about do the job. 10kg lighter which is a blessing.

I've got a pair on the way. Thanks for this thread! They'll be replacing a pair of Crown XLS amps which are heavier than a very heavy thing when racked together. By my reckoning the rack will be the heaviest part of the setup now.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the heads-up. Mine arrived today, looks brand new, not a mark on it. Well pleased as I was looking for a smallish lightweight amp for a bit of general sound reinforcement.

I used mine for the first time this weekend for 2 gigs. Must admit I'm surprised how good it was.

When I was checking it over at home I ran it up to full power and wondered whether it would be loud enough with the band, but when we used it at the gigs most of the time it was showing 2 white LEDs and the occasional flicker from the 3rd LED.

Quite loud enough for type of venue I was planning to use it for. An ideal amp I'd say.

Regards

Archived