Urgent Showtec multim mk2 issue

shindyra

Hi there,

So I have a showtec multidim mk 2 hooked up to DMX control software on my laptop. I appear to have full control over channels 1 and 3 as expected, however, when I plug anything in to channel 2 and 4, it is constantly on and I don't appear to have DMX control over those two channels. Anybody had this issue before?

Kind regards,

Will

Agree with previous post, but just to check; what happens to channels 2 and 4 when there is no DMX plugged in?

They remain in even without DMX plugged in

Definitely sounds like a hardware fault, then. There's a topic on repairing the Multidim here. It looks like the triacs are soldered to the board rather than on screw terminals, but it doesn't look like there's much to it for someone handy with a soldering iron.

Agree with previous post, but just to check; what happens to channels 2 and 4 when there is no DMX plugged in?

They remain in even without DMX plugged in

Definitely sounds like a hardware fault, then. There's a topic on repairing the Multidim here. It looks like the triacs are soldered to the board rather than on screw terminals, but it doesn't look like there's much to it for someone handy with a soldering iron.

I already posted that link, keep up! :P

Archived