Sennheiser ew100

DAFFYDUXXX

Hi,

I have a Sennheiser EW100 belt pack (the 9v battery type), which is indicating the battery is fine, solid red led, but will not power on whe the on button is pressed. Ie there is no display.

Any ideas what the fault could be?

Many thanks for any help you can give,

Paul.

Does it transmit audio? Could just be a dead display. It's some time since I've taken one of these units apart, but if I remember correctly there are various internal ribbon cables and molex style connectors, it's not out of the question that one could have come loose. Or the button itself could be faulty, especially if idiots have been prodding at it with ball point pens.

You can still get spare parts - the site is here - and the screen itself is available for £35.

Your other option might be to try and track down a second hand transmitter on eBay - they are not terribly expensive these days.

Does it transmit audio? Could just be a dead display. It's some time since I've taken one of these units apart, but if I remember correctly there are various internal ribbon cables and molex style connectors, it's not out of the question that one could have come loose. Or the button itself could be faulty, especially if idiots have been prodding at it with ball point pens.

You can still get spare parts - the site is here - and the screen itself is available for £35.

Your other option might be to try and track down a second hand transmitter on eBay - they are not terribly expensive these days.

Thank you Stuart, for the quick reply and links, it's much appreciated.

Paul

Archived