lidhts lasers and video working together

Richard CSL

So I could do with some advice.

I am planning a small stage show with a lighting rig with lasers and video.

My problem is how to get all three to run together,

So I wish to use magic q software. with Pangolin show express. with some form of video playback (undertermined at this stage. suggestions welcome but I need to keep it simple)

So how would you suggest I trigger the (one hour ) show to all start at the same time and run presumably midi commands from pangolin to trigger videos and the DMX scenes.

I suggest the pangolin as this has the waveform editor for it's timeline functionality. or is there a better method of control?

All advice greatly appreciated.

Might be worth having a look at Qlab.

Its Mac based but can control Video, sound, Lighting Etc.

You can trigger it all from Midi, Timecode, etc.

Its possible to rent the license for the package you need as you have your lighting and laser control sorted you'd only need video.

The other option might be (if you are mac based) is Katrin media server.

Its free but very powerful for a small project. Here is a link http://katrin.logvinov.org/

Hope your project goes well.

So I could do with some advice.

I am planning a small stage show with a lighting rig with lasers and video.

My problem is how to get all three to run together,

So I wish to use magic q software. with Pangolin show express. with some form of video playback (undertermined at this stage. suggestions welcome but I need to keep it simple)

So how would you suggest I trigger the (one hour ) show to all start at the same time and run presumably midi commands from pangolin to trigger videos and the DMX scenes.

I suggest the pangolin as this has the waveform editor for it's timeline functionality. or is there a better method of control?

All advice greatly appreciated.

For a PC you can't beat QLCPlus. It has its own fixture profiler and host both audio and video.

Archived