Help finding a tutorial

nplatt

Hi,

I have just started to have a play with video editing and want to try and make a video with 9 clips on the screen that appear one after each other in different locations until all 9 are on screen.

The problem I have is I don't know the correct name for it so its proving difficult to find a tutorial to help me out.

Can anyone give me the proper name to search, I'm using Davinci Resolver if you have a link to a tutorial.

Thanks

Neil

Assuming you're after a 3x3 grid of images, either DVE (digital video effect) is a generic name or PIP (picture in picture). I've not used the editor in Resolve before but you may find there are simple resize and position effects that will do the job.

You can sign up for a free trial on Lynda.com which has a 'DaVinci Resolve: Editing Basics' course. I haven't completed that course myself, but most of the stuff I have done on there has been pretty good (and has included exercise files). Alternatively, have a search on YouTube for 'davinci resolve picture in picture' - there are quite a few hits; this one is OK for example - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qibjkyFoMho

• 2 weeks later...

Archived