Enttec USB Pro & MagicVis

Roderick

What I am trying to do is a bit of preprogramming on my Jands Hog 1000 without breaking the bank.

A few people suggested Chamsys MagicVis but I am not having much fun making it work.

It does seem to recognise the Enttec USB DMX Pro mk2.

Has anyone else done something like this? Any hints?

Is there a better way? Not hung-up on MagicVis but don't have the budget for Magic 3D Easy View at the moment.

What I am trying to do is a bit of preprogramming on my Jands Hog 1000 without breaking the bank.

A few people suggested Chamsys MagicVis but I am not having much fun making it work.

It does seem to recognise the Enttec USB DMX Pro mk2.

I believe you either need a Chamsys MagicQ console or MQ software towards MagicVis. If you use latter, MagicVis is also integrated, if you use a "PC" with good enough grapichs card.

How then to use it, is to use your Enttec USB DMX box as input to a universe in MQ, and out of the Jands console, and patch up similar/correlating fixtures at same addresses within the MQ's DMX universe as on your Hog1000, and use the MQ and MagicVis as Visualiser component.

Similar you might do with MALighting grandMa2. And some others I am not familiar with. Another thing is to look at Capture Sweden (Capture Visualisation) Argo.

MagicVis is primarily designed to work with MagicQ consoles.

MagicVis stand alone does support DMX input by manually loading a MagicQ show file into the MafcVis App, it can then respond to Artnet/sACN input via network.

You would need a device to do DMX-Artnet if you want to use DMX in to MagicVis.

The Enttec Pro device would not do this.

Archived