QLab image cropping

alistermorton

We've recently moved from SCS to QLab and it's still a little bit alien.

One thing that was really easy in SCS was cropping an image, and I'm struggling to find how to do that in QLab. I've successfully scaled the whole image, and moved it around in the projection area, but I'd like to crop part of the image (remove a border) for projection. I could just process the image files in something like photoshop or even paint, and just crop them that way, but I just feel there must be something I'm missing in QLab. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

We've recently moved from SCS to QLab and it's still a little bit alien.

One thing that was really easy in SCS was cropping an image, and I'm struggling to find how to do that in QLab. I've successfully scaled the whole image, and moved it around in the projection area, but I'd like to crop part of the image (remove a border) for projection. I could just process the image files in something like photoshop or even paint, and just crop them that way, but I just feel there must be something I'm missing in QLab. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

I'm sure someone HERE can. The original developer as well as several support staff are online everyday answering questions. There is also a very active informed theater community also offering support.

Mac

Thanks, Mac. I'll maybe have to join google groups.

It may be that I've been slightly misled by the person who used to use SCS most - I suspect they were scaling the image to be bigger than the projector's viewport and moving it to select the section of interest, rather than applying a crop.

Not sure I can get away with that here, as the projector's viewport is very large, and I want the image to only fill a small part of it. I may have to look at surface shuttering, or masking, in qlab, which isn't gong to happen before tonight's performance, so I guess the borders stay in.

Generally in qlab video you create a surface that covers the area that you want to project on, then position the image within (or over) that surface - which allows you to crop.

Moving the image around a full projector surface won't allow you to do cropping.

Archived