Chamsys MagicQ PC Wing - Lag Issue

weazel91

Hi Hive,

I have a small issue with my Chamsys PC Wing.

Every so often I get a slight "lag" issue as seen in the following video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSuujzivMiM

This is more prominent in running effects i.e. in the video however it does occasionally happen with fade up/down times through cues and you'll get the start of a fade, it will lag and then snap to black once it catches up.

Any clue?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

I haven't used MagicQ for a while but I seem to recall that theres an option to change the DMX update rate. If the DMX data is too low then you won't see smooth fades, particularly if your rig is predominantly LED. Something else to look at is your computer. It might need more RAM, or you might have a lot of junk applications running in the background (I'm looking at you, Mackeeper!). If you can, try using a different computer to see if that makes any difference.

Could you e-mail me over your show file and I'll take at the show/settings and see if I can spot anything for you?

(support@chamsys.co.uk)

Hi,

Yes it's DMX straight out the back of the desk. I can't remember off hand the version number.

1.7.5.1. The latest version available I'm sure.

Hi James,

E-mail sent with show file in zip folder.

As stated in the e-mail. apologies. I am using V1.7.3.8

Thanks,

Chris

Could you e-mail me over your show file and I'll take at the show/settings and see if I can spot anything for you?

(support@chamsys.co.uk)

Hi,

Yes it's DMX straight out the back of the desk. I can't remember off hand the version number.

1.7.5.1. The latest version available I'm sure.

Archived