Thomann Customer Service

Illuminatio

Has anyone used Thomann recently? We use them regularly for sound equipment and have had no issues, so last month I bought four cheap Stairville LED cyc floods from them (yes, I know but we don't have the budget for proper equipment). They all turned up with identical damage, as if they had been dropped or slammed onto one end and the lock-off knob has been driven into the casing. I find it hard to believe this is only the case with ours, and it suggests some very poor quality control going on before they are packed into boxes, which show no signs of damage. Or perhaps a very disgruntled employee. The boxes are very thin cardboard with a slender sheet of foamy material top and bottom - nothing to prevent the fixture from moving about in the box. Two units work, two do not.

I have contacted customer services for a full refund and return - not a straightforward process as you have to register and then wait for a login. I have had an automated reply stating that due to a very high number of complaints they are taking a long time to respond, blah, blah, blah, and then nothing.

My only recommendation at this point is don't touch them with a barge pole.

Anyone know where I can get four functioning cyc floods for not very much money at all?

Yep, I placed an order a couple of weeks ago that was held up by a week. Got a voucher to say sorry though, and to be fair they did mention it on a banner on their home page and also at checkout. It's a new software system apparently.

My experience with their customer service has been pretty good. I had a batch of dodgy headsets a while back - would randomly emit a static-like buzz that'd come and go of its' own accord. Had them a few months before I realised it was a batch thing and not a few unfortunate sweating-out's. Managed to produce a video of one of them doing it and sent it off to them. Got a full refund after returning them.

Yeah, they've been having big problems with delivery over the last few weeks, at one point I think they were 10 days behind, and having to process everything manually. Sounds like it's getting back to normal, but probably had a bit of an impact on their customer service response times!

I too tried to order some equipment and saw the banner on the page, so called them - I asked if it was correct that a Monday order wouldn't be delivered for Friday, and they actually said that it wouldn't even leave by that time - so more likely to be over a week, so I went elsewhere with my five hundred quid order. Their order system has killed their business for the moment.

We received an order today that we put in on Thurs 21st so about two days behind normal, but it was all the same item.

To be fair for the most part their customer service I've found to be excellent, we've had return to base repairs two and a half years after purchase (from a school music dept as well, the true graveyard of kit) and the main reason we purchase with them is the 3yr no-quibble warranty.

These have mostly been equipment worn out / failures though rather than delivery damage as we've been lucky enough to avoid any so far.

Has anyone used Thomann recently?

Well, I use them quite regulary, and have never had problem with their customer services. But not used them lately, so I was not aware that they are moving stores...

Though regarding parcel packaging, I have strongly complained about too simple stitching together and use of too little packaging tape. (There they have something to learn from all my chinese deliveries, packages comes like wrapped in tanks, never anything broken)

The last two deliveries have been improved, so maybe they have understood my three-four complaints, with photo documentation etc...

Archived