HogPC

SceneMaster

Hi,

Just been looking at the Hog PC on the Highend site. I know a Hog2 or a Hog3 are very powerful and that basically the HogPC 2 and 3 now are basically the desk but in virtual form if I am correct. The actual software is free isn't it but I can't find a download anywhere. I would need a widget for it how much do these usually cost AC Lighting have POA on there price lists for one. Does the widget that is currently made serve for both hog2 pc and hog 3 pc?

I have done a site search but couldn't find much on where you can download the software from.

Thanks for your help,

Hi,

Just been looking at the Hog PC on the Highend site. I know a Hog2 or a Hog3 are very powerful and that basically the HogPC 2 and 3 now are basically the desk but in virtual form if I am correct. The actual software is free isn't it but I can't find a download anywhere.

Hog PC II Download

I would need a widget for it how much do these usually cost AC Lighting have POA on there price lists for one. Does the widget that is currently made serve for both hog2 pc  and hog 3 pc?

I have done a site search but couldn't find much on where you can download the software from.

Thanks for your help,

Not sure on the second two unfortunately. I think some people mentioned prices for the widget and a playback wing previously, possibly Bryson.

However from the looks of the website the DMX Widget will cover both Hog 2 PC and Hog 3 PC. Also both software pages link to the same Widget page. (My emphasis).

Packaged in a sleek, blue anodized oval package, the Wholehog III DMX Widget provides a single universe of DMX 512 output from any USB enabled Windows PC.

When used in conjuction with Hog 2PC software (supplied), up to seven DMX Widgets may be connected at once via a USB Hub to provide 7 full universes of DMX 512. This configuration provides an excellent solution for backup and playback only applications. By adding Wholehog 3 Programming and Playback Wings, both of which are compatible with Hog 2PC, users can configure powerful control solutions that precisely suit their needs and budgets.

HTH

PN

These prices are dated May 2004 so they may well have changed but as a rough guide:

London Retail Price for all by the way...

HOG PC USB Widget $2,244

HOG II USB Hub, 4 way (EU PSU) each $770.00

1U 19" Rack Kit for USB peripherals each $413.00

HOG II PC Playback Wing each $3,663.00

HOG II PC Programming Wing each $3,663.00

HOG II PC Playback/Programming Wing Flightcase $280.00

HOG II PC Dual Wing (Playback & Programming) Flightcase $500.00

HOG II PC SMPTE Widget (USB) $1,100.00

HTH

Sam

Hi,

Also both software pages link to the same Widget page. (My emphasis).

My thought entirely and thanks for the link...:P

Does anyone know what a widget is usually priced (well the price guide range) just I don’t want to ask ACLighting if it is way out of my price range to start with…

Edit: Sam you got there before I finished my post. B-)

There is an upgrade available for older widgets a price has not yet been given. Widgets after March 05 are Hog3 compatible, even tho hog pc 3 isn't released yet.

When buying a new widget be aware of the date thing as may companies still have older, non hog 3 enabled widgets in stock which they're egar to shift!

Regards

Tim

ello all,

no sure if this is the right topic, but my question is hog pc/widget relatied.

basically ive been playing with the free hog2 PC software for a while now, and found it very useful for programming blind, before I get to the show and transfering the settings across the a hog desk via a floppy. But I was wondering if anyone knew of a place where you could hire a DMX widget or a whole pc system, much as u can LightJockey2 on a pc from Set Lighting & Sound. None of my lectures (most industry professionals) know of a place, so thought id turn 2 the vast bank of knowlege that is Blue Room :blink:

Im in the UK, so US hire companies arent any good and I thought bout contacting high end directly or bandit, but they scare me, ** laughs out loud **.

Thanks

T0m

ello all,

no sure if this is the right topic, but my question is hog pc/widget relatied.

basically ive been playing with the free hog2 PC software for a while now, and found it very useful for programming blind, before I get to the show and transfering the settings across the a hog desk via a floppy. But I was wondering if anyone knew of a place where you could hire a DMX widget or a whole pc system, much as u can LightJockey2 on a pc from Set Lighting & Sound. None of my lectures (most industry professionals) know of a place, so thought id turn 2 the vast bank of knowlege that is Blue Room :blink:

Im in the UK, so US hire companies arent any good and I thought bout contacting high end directly or bandit, but they scare me, ** laughs out loud **.

Thanks

T0m

I know that PRG have some that they let out I have had one off them a few times. give them a call they are always nice and helpful.

hope this helps

Ben

I'm fairly sure the the Whitelight group have a few systems for hire, from their "Moving Light Company" section.

They definately have a few full-blown Hogs (£750 per week list price)

If not, they can definately point you to somewhere that does - they've always been extremely helpful when I've asked them!

Archived