Enttec USB DMX Pro - weird problem

Roderick

For a while I have been using an Enttec USB DMX interface Linky without any problems.

Last week the HDD on the MacBook I use ceased. After installing a new hard drive, re-installing OSX (10.8.5) and assorted software and drivers something weird is happening.

As soon as I output DMX to the Enttec unit it goes into some weird chase, flashing all channels and driving me mad. When I unplug the USB cable the flashing stops and it freezes in a state.

It appears that there is some script or something running in the background but I have no idea where to start fixing it.

When I use the same set-up with another computer, all is fine so I am confident the problem is inside the Mac and/or the driver.

Has anyone else come across such a problem and may have a solution?

Haven't come across that problem as I use a windows pc, but on the Enttec webite is an FTDI clean utility and DMX Pro utilities that I use to reset all usb ports to start from scratch, then use the DMX Pro utilities to test the USB Pro interface. I have done this on a Pro and a Pro2.

The Mk2 has an inbuilt memory and it sounds like it might have had something inadvertently recorded onto it. Have you checked the standalone mode on ProManager when you plug it into your PC?

I have had small problems with ENTTEC stuff before and got in touch with them from the website. They've always been able to solve my problems and are super helpful.

After manually removing the D2XX drivers, all of them!, and re-installing LXConsole things are back to normal.

Removing drivers on a Mac is much more painful than on a PC, all needs to be done through Terminal and the right passwrds because it is all protected in Root.

Things you learn...

Archived