Selecon Acclaim Barndoors

CPlater1

• 2 weeks later...

all acclaim barndoors that I have seen are completely interchangeable between all acclaim fresnels, but some "fit" better in some than others.

To me there have been a few renditions of the acclaim fresnel:

"Mk1" - cast front and back plate, has a slide bolt style gel retaining clip that just loves to get snapped in half

"mk2" - cast front and back plate, has a little spring catch at the top, this sometimes does go walkabout

"mk3" - Plastic front and back plate, has a hinged retaining cover thingo - Current Model now made in China

and a few renditions of the barndoors

"Mk1" - simple round back plate that completely spun, and a small 4 leaf barndoors

"mk2" - Fully Square metal back plate with the doors rotating in that, likes to get jammed up if bent slightly.

"Mk3" - Round plastic backplate with metal doors.

Just to confirm, I tried this earlier in the week, and (using Ashley's description from above) Mk1 doors happily fitted both Mk2 and Mk3 fresnels. Newer doors in older fresnels seemed slightly harder to rotate, but still servicable (and the doors are a much more useful size!).

Archived