15" active Monitors

soundo26

Hi all, I'm looking for a couple of 15" active stage monitors and have been looking at these, does anybody have any experience of these or recommendations for anything else? I am ideally looking for a couple of wedges around 400w with 15" drivers. Budget is around £250 each. https://www.google.co.uk/aclk?sa=l&ai=DChcSEwj1xvuAsqnUAhWJkRsKHebRCsUYABARGgJ3bA&sig=AOD64_1wn4_TmcfaxQecy4A9asjdNswZ1Q&ctype=5&q=&ved=0ahUKEwjI3viAsqnUAhUMkRQKHaBmDhoQwzwILg&adurl=

I have some of the same things badged by Thomann - same price

I have to say I've been impressed. Loud, reliable and pretty tough. The black coating is tough, but will wear through with mistreatment - as mine have. On a couple of events I've used one as my monitor with a DI'd bass - so turned up loud - and they've saved the day a few times, being versatile. I would certainly buy more if I need this kind of thing.

I've had one of Thomann's 12" version and was impressed except for the noise floor of amplifier. Fine for a louder stage but much higher than equivalent priced two way powered boxes (such as EV ZLX etc).

Does look very smart though and be easily paired thanks to being coax.

I did still keep it though!

HTH

I can also recommend the Proel WD15, I bought 4 of the WD12's a few months ago and very pleased with them,

same thing with a different badge I think

I'd love to know if all of these are really simply the same product rebadged.

For example, with the passive 15" versions, the Proel claims "350W continuous", and the Thomann "450W RMS, 900W peak".

The cabs are clearly of the same design, I wonder if they use different drivers from each other, though? The only way of knowing would be to get feedback from owners.

I'd love to know if all of these are really simply the same product rebadged.

For example, with the passive 15" versions, the Proel claims "350W continuous", and the Thomann "450W RMS, 900W peak".

The cabs are clearly of the same design, I wonder if they use different drivers from each other, though? The only way of knowing would be to get feedback from owners.

The the amp plates are different and as for the power ratings thats probably more down to the marketing department so who knows?. I use a quite a bit of the Pro Proel stuff so when it came to a choice went with the trusted brand, although I knew it was built to a budget so don't expect more from it than that.

Having said that I am quite pleased with their performance so far, the only niggle is a bit of noise from the amps (Sic)

There are specs, and there are Chinese specs! I just fixed a friend's Chinese sewing machine - the stuck on spec plate says 75W, which I thought rather modest, considering the motor is big and rated at 900W.

The the amp plates are different and as for the power ratings thats probably more down to the marketing department so who knows?. I use a quite a bit of the Pro Proel stuff so when it came to a choice went with the trusted brand, although I knew it was built to a budget so don't expect more from it than that.

Indeed, so if the amps are different, you have to wonder if the drivers are too. In which case, brand choice could be more of a deal. Would be great to find out, as I'm likely to end up with a few of the passive versions of these at some point.

Archived