LED floods

gibbothegreat

HI,

am looking for 4 x LED floods on a tight budget, can be fairly basic units, requirements are:

minimum beam angle of around 60º (throw distance is around 1.5m, BP cyc is 4.88m wide)

RGBW

Smooth dimming performance at low end

Of course, it's that last bit which doesn't necessarily sit well with the 'tight budget' bit. When this show was first staged we hired in Martin Rush PAR 2 Zooms, which, naturally, did the job very well, but are way beyond purchase budget. Anybody any recommendations?

Ta in advance

1496155096[/url]' post='551053']

Of course, it's that last bit which doesn't necessarily sit well with the 'tight budget' bit.

I think you've hit the nail on the head there! I know eLumen8 are quite good with their budget LED theatre lighting.They do LED cyc lights for around £500 I think which do have 16bit dimming.

Edward

Faced with needing smoother dimmer and a tight budget, if you can afford to lose half the output then using Neutral Density gel can half the step size.

It's worked for me a few times, but it is quite a compromise.

Archived