DPA headsets - Small wearers

jbaileypro

Hi all,

I've only really used these in corporate events where there are quick change overs with multiple speakers sharing headsets and not a massive amount of rehearsal time. I am mainly using DPA 4088s with the older style headsets (not the newer pigtail style). I found that I sometimes struggle to get it fit "smaller" wearers... as in the rear head band does not adjust small enough to keep the band tight against the back of the head. This means that as the wearer moves around the microphone arm moves up and down. This sometimes means it gets looser or worse, the wearer "adjusts" the microphone as it is uncomfortable and then causes noise.

I am planning to get on a DPA training day to look through the whole series but it looks as though they are pushing their newer style headsets now anyway.

I do love these headsets though, don't get me wrong. Great sound, lightweight and very professional. Only other downsides I've found is that they are quite sensitive to placement (inherit from being cardioid I suppose). Also sensitive to things like facial hair rubbing on the boom.

Does anyone have any tips and tricks for the DPA 4088 and 4066s?

Many thanks,

Jonathan

The 4066 and 4088 come as standard with a "medium" sized headband, but DPA do also produce a small and a large. The headbands on their own are part numbers AHM6000-S and -L (for beige mics, AHM6001 for black).

Archived