Sennheiser WSM on older equipment

andrewg112

I have done some pretty thorough searching, but alas think I am missing some key words to help me find what I want. Perhaps someone can point me in the direction of some threads to read.

We currently use a mix of Sennheiser G1, G2 and G3 recievers. These have always been located in the front of house position, but we do suffer with the occasional RF drop-out (through thick costumes, bad placement). On the whole it all works quite well, but the distance is quite a fair way so we would like to move this location to backstage to reduce the distance and increase the reliability.

We have successfully run Wireless Systems Manager with our own G3 Receivers and have that working well, so we can now monitor the battery levels, interference and levels from the FOH position if required. We also hire in the older G2 (and im told also G1) receivers and my question is do these models support Wireless Systems Manager or anything similar. It would be great to be able to monitor all of the receivers from the FOH position.

I understand the G2 model does have a network connection but is not RJ45 or similar ...

To be honest, even if there is no option for this on the older models, we are still going to trial changing the location as the drop-out will reduce anyway being closer to the transmitters, meaning there will be less to monitor RF drop out really. It only helps identify which microphones the cast have broken a bit quicker http://www.blue-room.org.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif

Cheers

Sennheiser has a "NET1" box which can connect to G2 receivers using RJ10 leads. The G2 kit needs to have the "NET" software - I have this on my "newer" G2 kit, but not on the "older" G2 kit. I believe the software can be updated but you'd need a service centre with the infrared adaptor and service software to update the transmitter beltpacks. I presume the receivers are updated through the RJ10, but again you'd need the service software.

Here is a manual for the NET1 box:

https://www.manualsl...iser-Net-1.html

It says "The NET 1 allows you to control and monitor Sennheiser wireless microphone and monitoring systems". Later it says "The WSM software enables real-time monitoring as well as remote controlling of all relevant device parameters during live operation...". Maybe this looks like the thing you're after?

Not sure if this is of any use or if anyone else can clarify.

Regards,

Kevin

Not sure if this is of any use or if anyone else can clarify.

The only problem is that WSM dropped support for the NET1 box at version 4.2 so you need to source and use 4.1 or below if you want NET1 support.

Archived