Martin Rush MH7

numberwrong

Anyone any idea what these are equivalent to output wise?

They use a 250w MSD lamp so I assume they'll be punchier then a sharpy in beam mode. I'm interested in how they compare in spot mode. I would they take on a 700w mover or are they more like a 575?

Thanks

Looking at the photometrics. It isn't going to get near a Sharpy in beam mode. Doesn't look like a bad light but you need to put a lens in/out of the optical path for beam mode so there's no zooming from beam to wide spot. You also don't get rotating gobos in beam mode. I'd be tempted to look at the ADJ Vizi Hybrid 16RX as a unit. Brighter & zoom from 3deg to 32deg without needing a lens in the optical path.

Josh

One of my clients has bought some so I'm just trying to gauge how best to use them for a upcoming job. (they probably wont arrive in time for me to see them in the unit first)

A bit off OP but I thought most hybrid's used a separate lens to switch between beam and spot mode? Also, I'm not bothered at all if I can't use rotating gobos in beam mode. Static gobos with rotating prisms is all you need surely?!

I've managed to get a nice look from a rotating spiral in beam mode. Also, for some of the stuff we do (logos on cliff faces) the smaller zoom is very useful.

You are correct though, Robe Pointe et-al do use a lens in a gobo wheel.

You should be able to use them just the same as a Robe pointe would be used. My favourite being able to go from loads of beams in linear prism to a wash random strobe and back very quickly.

Josh

I've had a play with these at my local theatre. I'd say they're not quite up to Sharpy brightness, however you need to be just as wary of the heat, as their tight beam will happily try to melt Gaffa tape 5m away!

They're not bad, but only have a colour wheel as opposed to CMY flags.

Edward

Archived