Martin Freekie servicing

lonemorf

Hi all,

Picked up a broken freekie recently - got it all working just dandy now, with one exception, the Joystick.

The joystick is causing very jittery output - the mirror on the fixtures is literally jittering - I disable the fixture, the jitter stops, so the freekie is clearly outputting fluctuating DMX values. I am hazarding a guess here, but a dirty joystick could cause this? Anyone experienced it? Whats the best way of cleaning the joystick? I have taken it out, and it looks like a simple pair of potentiometers - some contact cleaner?

Any ideas gratefully appreciated.

Also problems with analog-digital converter or power supply ripple can cause this - though if so I would expect to see wobble on the faders too, do they work ok?

You know what, I am seeing a little wobble on the gobo wheel too. Will get a scope on it, and see what I can see. Though, this is using an external PSU to 9v - will have a play.

Archived