Into the Mix

Hi, im using a panasonic vision mixer which has been loaned to me, it only has BNC inserts on the back, as I expected. the problem is I want to take a feed out of a laptop which only has a VGA out on the back, does anyone know of anything which converts VGA to BNC or Phono?

Or any bodging ideas?!

Cheers andy

<Dogs>Extron </Dogs>

In all seriousness, your after a scan converter. This scans the higher resolution data into the video resolution that a composite stream runs at. Lower cost units often give.....lower quality results.

Depending on what your doing, the other option could mix with the panasonic, then scale the output from this to data levels and then mix the VGA source in.

Of course someone with a
very good technical knowledge accross the board
who is a lecturer to boot already knows the answer to the question and is just testing the rest of us not to mention the trick question element by which one is invited to post a "bodge" so as to demonstrate worst practice to students. :o

Of course someone with a
very good technical knowledge accross the board
who is a lecturer to boot already knows the answer to the question and is just testing the rest of us not to mention the trick question element by which one is invited to post a "bodge" so as to demonstrate worst practice to students. :o

sadly not!

I have just been given a new laptop and it doesnt have a video out like my older one, am looking into an external graphics card or just swapping it! im sure there are plenty floating about in education, just no money for the basic equipment!

Cheers any how

Archived