HDMI to DP input - Matrox dualhead2go

ThomJ

Hi Guys

I just purchased (on advice from Arkaos) two Matrox Dualhead2go SE to enable my media server to out put to 4 devices. I am having problems getting a signal, I am outputing on HDMI with a startech HDMI to dp converter.

I have since found out that there are two types of dp signal (dp and dp++) I think the startech converter only uses dp and not dp++ is this likely to be the problem?

Any advice welcome

StarTech only make three HDMI to DP converters, but lots of DP > HDMI.

If it's one of the following product IDs, then it should work in theory: HD2DP, HD2DPVGADVI or HDMI2DP.

Otherwise, it might be DP > HDMI, which you probably won't have much luck with...

(a good clue to what it should do is if it has a male or female DP connector. Female = gives a DP output)

HDMI to DisplayPort will require an active convertor - HDMI works on a TMDS protocol, where as DisplayPort uses LVDS. DisplayPort can output HDMI with the correct adaptor, as the output device can be singled to give the correct signal, but you can't do this the other way around.

I've not used them, but see the Lindy Adaptors recommended on a few user groups I subscribe to. The other option, and maybe more powerful would be to look at changing the Dual Head2Go for a Datapath X4 or the FX4.

Archived