New top/mid cabs

V1 RDE

Hi guys, this is my 1st post on the forum, and I thought I'd start by asking for some advice.

Im in no way, shape or form someone who knows a great deal about speakers, crossovers frequencies, SPL etc but I am learning slowly. My rig currently consisted of 2 EV P3000 amps, EV DX38 crossover, 4 EV T18 bins (copies running EVX-180A drivers) and 4 SX300's. I'm now gettin tired of the Sx300s. The sound is far to harsh and tinny and I'm looking to upgrade. I've got a budget of around 2.5k for the top/mid cabs and they must be pole mountable.

I've heard some K&F CA1215 which sounded awesome, but are slighty pricy. I was thinking of buying some EV RX115/75 or T251+, any opinions on either.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

Chaz.

Martin Audio Blackline F12's are within your budget, in my opinion sound hundreds of times better than the "tinny" sx300's... We have replaced EV's in install's with the martins and they just fill the venues better. They have a much more full sound, they work quite well full range, with the subs added over the top, and for small gigs they are great on there own without the subs. The martin subs are fantastic too, but not a cheap hobby at about £650 each.

paul...

Cheers Paul. I was reading into the F12's and they do seem pretty good. I won't be changing my subs any time soon (I personally think there great) and should work well with the F12's. Are the F15's any different?

Chaz.

F15 = Bigger, Heavier, More Expensive, Louder (bigger box sound due to 15" driver) Bigger bass response, also sound very impressive.

If you are doing large disco's all the time then F15's could be a way forward, but if you ever wanted to use the speakers for vocal PA work, you will find they are a bit large and look a bit oversized sat on a stand.

Archived