Sunlite slmev 3d software usb DMX intergace

splodge360

Anyone used the french sunlite slmev software to do lighting plots with. Seems you can save the look made as a video file to show the band /production team what the look will be.

Not much more than just the DMX to usb interface anyway at £200, but also has art net etc.

Any thoughts guys?

Anyone used the french sunlite slmev software to do lighting plots with. Seems you can save the look made as a video file to show the band /production team what the look will be.

Not much more than just the DMX to usb interface anyway at £200, but also has art net etc.

Sunlite is quite erm... unconventional in the way it does things, in my opinion. If you're new to lighting design you might get on with it OK but if you are used to more standard ways of programming lighting then it may do your head in a bit.

You can buy Capture Atlas Solo (1 universe) for 395 euros which is one of the current industry-standard visualisation programs and worth the money in my opinion. MagicQ also has a visualiser and is a lot more "normal" to program, though I am not sure if you can output videos from it.

Archived