Recent eBay lighting clear out from chuck buckly

splodge360

there was( and still is!) an interesting clear out of a lot of old lighting kit and BBC test cards by chuck Buckley333 in Solihull/ Birmingham.Does anyone know anything about the original user of all this stuff?

Just wondering if any other members here picked up any bargains, or turns out to be all rusty old junk?The pick up date to collect is 9am on sat 4th, maybe some van sharing could be arranged!Just curious, that's all.

there was( and still is!) an interesting clear out of a lot of old lighting kit and BBC test cards by chuck Buckley333 in Solihull/ Birmingham.Does anyone know anything about the original user of all this stuff?

Just wondering if any other members here picked up any bargains, or turns out to be all rusty old junk?The pick up date to collect is 9am on sat 4th, maybe some van sharing could be arranged!Just curious, that's all.

It's an odd mix of stuff. Some very well toured Avolite racks, pars and lekos and then as you mention, some TV stuff.

Strange auction terms too, immediate payment but then no collections for a few weeks which probably means things will go cheap.

I can't make the collection date, so won't be bidding myself.

Strange auction terms too, immediate payment but then no collections for a few weeks which probably means things will go cheap.

I can't make the collection date, so won't be bidding myself.

Like Gyro, I'd possibly have had a bid on some of it if the pickup conditions weren't so strict. I can appreciate that somebody selling a lot of stuff as a one-off is not going to want to dispatch it piecemeal, but the chances of buyers being able to set aside a specific day is slim. Even a choice two days - midweek and weekend? - would have opened it to more buyers and achieved a better price.

It might actually have been better to hand the whole lot over to someone who could sell it on their behalf, even allowing for a margin, they would net more than they will this way.

Archived