Touchscreen for Mac computer

xllx

I recently set up a Mac Mini with Jands Vista software, intending to use my Iiyama touchscreen with it.

The touchscreen used to work fine on a Windows laptop however on the Mac, it's not behaving, movement works most of the time but sometimes stops, and I cannot click via the touchscreen.

I've had a good Google around, and can't find any specific information, either from Apple or Iiyama.

The screen is an Iiyama MTS-2250, the computer is a 2012 i7 Mac Mini running MacOS Sierra.

Anyone got any experience of persuading a Mac to work with a touchscreen?

I've got an ELO 1725L working quite happily with a mac mini. ELO provide a driver that has calibration tools and options for dragging and clicking etc, a little bit of experimentation seems to get everything going as you'd expect it to.

Part of the problem is that Apple don't really support touch on the Mac.

You might want to invest in a dedicated driver for the Mac Mini. I can't remember where we got ours from but it cost about £100.00

Even with additional drivers Mac OS will only support single touch.

I have the same screens, and after a short while, even on windows, they stop responding to touch, or "go a bit funny".

I have put a little script on the PC, that shuts the USB port, and then opens it again every 30 mins, and I longer have the problem.

I have no idea about root cause though.

I use one of these Lenovo USB touchscreen monitors on my MBP for both magic q and titan, works pretty well as long as you don't run it as an extended desktop, when it can get a little confused as to which screen the mouse is on

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00G0FVRUG/ref=pd_aw_sim_sbs_147_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=YWF8FV0DZRDBJ7GW4TEZ&dpPl=1&dpID=41coGw45R7L

Edit to add, on a windows machine it works great in extended desktop mode

It seems that while some touch screen manufacturers supply Mac drivers, Iiyama do not.

The solution is to obtain a third party driver from https://touch-base.com/

Drivers cost over £100 so it isn't trivial, that'll teach me to assume it will just work!

It solved the problem and all is working fine now!

Archived